How do you choose the best affiliate program to promote?
There have been so many horrible stories told about affiliate programs, where one promoted them thinking they are the best affiliate programs, only to discover that they are illegal schemes or pyramid schemes. These programs do not have obvious products or services that are worthy. From such programs I would say RUN from them. But choose those that are of good quality and those that you are happy to endorse.
Why participate in an affiliate program?
- The best affiliate program allows you to work part-time.
- It gives you the opportunity to build a generous residual income.
- And it makes you an owner of a small business.
- Affiliate programs have already created lots of millionaires.
- Affiliate programs are the living testimony of how hard work; continuous prospecting, motivating and training others pay off.
If ever you are deciding to join one, take note that you are getting into something that is patterned to what you are capable of.
Here are 10 tips you may want to look over before choosing one:
1. A Program that you like and have interest in.
One of the best ways of knowing if that is the kind of program you wish to promote is if you are interested in purchasing the product yourself. If that is the case, chances are, there are many others who are also interested in the same program and products.
2. A Program that is of high quality.
For instance, look for one that is associated with many experts in that particular industry. This way, you are assured that of the standard of the program you will be joining into.
3. A Program that offer real and viable products.
How do you know this? Do some initial research. If possible, track down some of the members and customers to give you testimonial on the credibility of the program.
4. A Program that caters to a growing target market.
This will ensure you that there will be more and continuous demands for your referrals. Make inquiries. There are forums and discussions you can participate in to get good and reliable feedbacks.
5. A program with a compensation plan that pays out a residual income and a payout of 40% or more
There are some programs offering this kind of compensation. Look closely for one. Do not waste your time with programs that do not reward substantially for your efforts.
6. Be aware of the minimum quotas that you must fulfill or sales target that is too hard to achieve.
Some affiliate programs imposes pre-requisites before you get your commissions. Just be sure that you are capable of attaining their requirements.
7. A Program that has plenty of tools and resources that can help you grow the business in the shortest possible time.
Not all affiliate programs have these capacities. Be sure you decide on the best affiliate program with lots of helpful tools you can use.
8. A program that has a proven system that can allow you to check your networks and compensation.
Also check if they have it available online for you to check anytime and anywhere.
9. A program that is offering strong incentives for members to renew their membership each time.
The affiliate program that provides continuous help and upgrades for its products have the tendency to retain its members. These things can assure the growth of your networks.
10. Be aware of the things that members are not happy about in a program.
As mentioned above, you can do your checking at discussion forums. If you know someone in that same program, there is ho harm asking if there are many downsides involved.
Have a thorough and intensive knowledge about the affiliate program and network you will be promoting on.
Knowing the kind of program you are getting yourself into will make you anticipate and prevent any future problems you may encounter.
Here is a List of some of the best Affiliate Programs
Google AdSense is a free, simple way for website publishers of all sizes to earn money by displaying targeted Google ads on their websites. It is a high paying affiliate program network that is owned and run by the Google. You might have seen the ads run in many websites and on google search.
2. Amazon Associates
Amazon.com is the world’s largest online retail store and their affiliate program is the world’s most best affiliate program.
It is run by one of the world’s trusted company and so giving the affiliates confidence and assurance that commissions will be paid out in time all the time. Amazon has a wide range of products and it is suitable to many affiliates. It is very easy to join and has really easy tracking system for earning, conversions and payments. The downside is that it takes long to pay (45 days for processing) not as enticing when you need the money quickly.
Clickbank is the largest online marketplace for digital products like eBooks, software and membership sites in different categories.
Commissions on Clickbank are high-50% or more .
They are a trustworthy company their payment is done every 2 weeks, and their payment is really low.
Clickbank has a very easy system to use and very easy to join, really good for beginners.
The list is not exhaustive, there are many more programs that were not mentioned.
Some affiliate programs work for some and yet will not work for others, the best way to choose the best affiliate program will be to try several of them and experience first hand the pros and cons.