Recently I have come to realize the power of email marketing and so I looked at every aspect of it and that brings me to email signature. I checked my inbox and found that many marketers are using their email signatures to their advantage. I started using an email signature from then.
What is an email signature
An email signature is a block of text that is appended to the end of an e-mail message you send. –Webopedia.com
Normally this text is to give the recipient of the email more information, which includes: name, email address, phone number , social media sites, website address and sometimes an inspirational quote.
Some Email signature Tips to follow
- It does not have to be long , so keep it short , just include the necessary information, the accepted standard is about 4-5 lines.
- Include your email address
- Include your phone if that’s how you want to be contacted
- Include IM or Skype if you want to be contacted that way.
- Written out URLs are better than the hyperlinks, to be sure it goes through to all your recipients.
- Simple plain text is best
- Add links to your most important social media.
- I have seen photos on the signature as well.
- If you have specific formatting needs you might consider using an email signature service, like Wisestamp.com, My Live Signature ,Stationary Central , Office .
- The free emails also do have a function to add a signature. I mostly use Gmail , check here to add one.
Why should you use an email signature
- The main reason is make easy for your email recipients to get in touch or communicate with you.
- To brand yourself-your recipients are able to know more about you and who you are from what you have included in the email signature.
- Your recipients might forward your email to friends and others and it will be easy for them to learn more from your signature.
- You look professional if you have a well designed email signature.
These are some examples from my inbox.
My Gmail email signature got splashy
It doesn’t have to be long. Once you are set, every time you send an email to thousands of people they are able to know more about you and reach out to you. That’s how powerful internet is.
If you link your signature to your blog all the recipients of your email will be getting as well the direct link to your blog.
This will indeed increase traffic on your site. It is obvious that with high traffic, the more successful your blog will become.
With an email signature, your website promotion will be as easy as ABC.
No need to make it fancy, just the plain old signature will do just the same.
Are you using an email signature?
Share and comment Below